Sign up today to join other Friends of Ibba Girls School (FIGS) at their Annual Meeting on Sat Nov 10 in Coventry – starting with light lunch at 12.30pm and finishing with optional supper at 6pm (details below):
- Celebrate the remarkable first 5 years of the school.
- Join WorldSong singing Zande and other songs.
- Skype directly with the students and staff, and watch video clips made by the girls.
- Hear first-hand reports from FIGS volunteers who have just returned from Ibba.
- Discuss the next 5 years for the school, and the transition to the first secondary stream.
- Buy FIGS Christmas cards, pencils, CD’s, poetry, embroidery.
- Hear progress reports from Trustees and volunteers, with Q and A.
- Panel session on Truth and Reconciliation with the Dean of Coventry Cathedral and others
E-mail [email protected] to reserve your place.
How to get there
St James Church Hall, Leamington Rd, Styvechale, Coventry CV3 5BT.
Travel by road:
St James Church is on Leamington Rd, on the B4113, which is close to the junction of the A46 and the A45 travelling towards Birmingham – take the 3rdexit from the next roundabout with the big BP garage.
Travel by road:
There is ample car parking behind the church (accessed from Knoll Drive).
Travel by rail:
Come to Coventry station, and either Phone John Scouller for a lift – 07722 504590, or
- Taxi – 5 mins
- Bus – 10 mins on the 9 or 9A
- Walk – 20 mins
Click here to see map.
From 12.30pm £7.50 per person
At 6pm. £12 for 2 courses
Pay on arrival
|12.30pm||Registration and light lunch |
(£7.50 for the day, including lunch & afternoon tea; no need to book; pay on arrival)
|1.00pm||WorldSong choir |
Una May (Musical Director) and the WorldSong choir perform songs, some sung in Zande, the predominant language in Ibba
|1.40pm||Welcome and introductions |
John Scouller (St James’) and Margaret Eddershaw (FIGS trustee)
|2.00pm||Voices from Ibba (Video clips; possible Skype call) |
Staff and students at Ibba Girls’ Boarding School (Paul Sanders)
|2.30pm||Looking forward to secondary schooling at IGBS |
Julia Sanders (FIGS trustee), Jean Hartley (FIGS trustee) Caroline Holland (FIGS volunteer) based on their recent trip
|3.00pm||Tea break |
An opportunity to buy FIGS Christmas cards, CDs, pencils, poetry, Lydia embroidery, and to sign up for FIGS Newsletters
|3.20pm||Progress reportsfrom FIGS chair, trustees, CEO and architect ||4.00pm||Q&A & Participative Discussion (Mark) |
Developing FIGS & IGBS strategy and action plan 2019-2022
|4.30pm||Panel session on truth and reconciliation in South Sudan |
Jacob Lagu, FIGS Trustee (tbc); Golda Abbe, FIGS volunteer Mark Simmons, FIGS CEO; chair, UK community, Cross of Nails The Very Rev’d John Witcombe, Dean of Coventry Cathedral
|5.30pm||Complimentary drinks & canapés||6.00pm||Candlelit dinner (please book separately; in advance or upon arrival. Cost: £12)||9.00pm||Farewell|