Join us in Coventry on Saturday November 21th for the Annual Meeting for friends and supporters of Ibba Girls School, South Sudan – starting with snack lunch at 12noon, and lasting till 5:00pm (with tea and coffee breaks). More details below.
Sign up to reserve your place (and for the optional Indian meal afterwards – see below) by e-mailing [email protected] before 11th November 2015
The programme will include
- Light buffet lunch on arrival
- A review of latest developments in South Sudan and Ibba
- A video and Skype call with students and staff at Ibba Girls School
- Stories from several South Sudanese people living in the UK
- Margaret Eddershaw performs her latest African poetry (buy her book)
- Mark Simmons, chief exec of CORD, on education for peace-making
- Progress reports from FIGS Trustees on the building programme, students and staffing, school development, finances, and fund-raising
- Donors (small and big) and volunteers (big and small !) discuss how and why they pport IGBS
- Opportunities to sponsor IGBS students for their schooling.
- Sign up for our Big Give event on Dec 4 and 5 2015
- Buy FIGS Christmas cards
- Join us for an (optional) curry from 5.30pm onwards
Venue and Directions
The venue for our Annual Meeting this year is Warwick Road United Reformed Church, 10 Warwick Row, Warwick Road, Coventry, CV1 1EX.
This is within 5 minutes walking distance from Coventry rail station, and close to city centre parking. NB For a car parking map of the City Centre see: http://www.mappery.com/maps/Coventry-Tourist-Map.jpg
Lunch and Supper
A light buffet lunch will be available on arrival at 12noon, and tea and coffee mid afternoon. The cost will be £6.20 per head. Pay on arrival.
We have also booked an (optional) meal at Akbars Indian restaurant at the end of the Annual Meeting. The meal will be at 5.30pm, in a private room at Akbars, which is close by, at 7-9 The Butts, CV1 3GJ (just opposite the Ramada Hotel)
This meal will also serve as a fundraiser for FIGS, where the restaurant will be giving a percentange of the final bill to Ibba Girls School. It will be a lovely way to spend the evening, together with friends. The cost will be £16 per person and will include a variety of different curries, rice, popadoms and nann breads (plenty of veggie options).
Please book up in advance by e-mailing [email protected], We need to know numbers for the meal by 11th November at the latest.